Wednesday

Mission Possible


Brief Author Bio

Deborah began her journey of creative writing soon after coming to know Jesus as her personal savior in 1989.  She uses her spiritual gifts of encouragement and teaching in her home church.  She also enjoys in-depth bible study in her personal time, and is a small business owner of over twenty years.  Her love of the Holy scripture and bible study are evident in her poetry and literary works.  She and her husband attend Hibernia Baptist Church in Green Cove Springs, and reside in Fleming Island, Florida.  Her primary goal is to share her personal testimony with others while bringing hope and practical help through her books.

 Intro

           Mission Possible is a unique book in the Christian marketplace.  It addresses a subject that is often overlooked and misunderstood.  It is a candid look at my struggles and quest to reach my husband for Christ.  I became a believer seven years into our marriage.  It is written as I have lived it, and applies scripture and biblical context to each chapter.   The book has bible study application questions at the end of each section, as well as three self-reflection points to help the reader “digest” what they have read.  Mission Possible was nominated for Christian Small Publisher’s Assoc. Book of the Year Award for 2009.


Mini-Interview


Tell us a little about your background.

  I grew up in a Navy family and moved frequently as a child.  I married my first husband right out of high school.  That marriage ended in divorce four years later. I remarried in 1982 (to my current husband) and we’ll be married 28 years in January 2010.  Seven years into our marriage, I gave my life to Jesus as Lord and Savior.

What inspired you to write this influential book?
 
  I was involved with a local intercessory prayer group at the time, and was prompted by God during prayer to write down what He was conveying to me about my husband and his salvation.  It was quite literally written while inspired, and without much effort on my part.  I just typed on the computer as He led me to bible verses and topics to talk about.  I remember writing down the names of the (7) chapters during prayer time on a tablet - just looking at them afterwards in awe.  It was quite
a moving experience. 

What primary advice do you have for women who are married to "non-believing" husbands?

  I think the most important advice is to have faith in Who God Is and His sovereignty.  We can't "pre-package" our spouse's conversion experience, and God will always do what will bring Him the "most glory".  We also have to remember that we don't wrestle against flesh and blood.  Our spouse (if unsaved) isn't governed by God's Spirit - so we have to release them from that accountability.  We must have faith that rests in God and not in our own understanding, or by sight!

What kinds of reactions has the book generated thus far?

  I have had great reaction to my little book.  Some women love it because it is not lengthy, and they can read it quickly - yet refer back to it over & over again.  One woman emailed me a testimony that she was nearly ready to leave her husband, but after reading the book, felt that God was leading her to give her marriage another try.  That was very humbling and gratifying for me.  I just want to help women see that there is an alternative to being miserable in an unequally yoked marriage.


What's the main message that you'd like readers to take away from it?

  I would love readers to discover that God has a plan for each marriage that is in spiritual disunity.  It involves us, but it is always done HIS WAY!  I want readers to know that it is a process that evolves over time, that we must not put Him (God) in a box, but give Him room to move in our spouse's life.  They need to know that because we are not perfect and continue to sin, that satan will harass us (women) and try to influence us to believe that our "mission" is not possible - but with God, all things are possible!


Any final thoughts you'd like to share?

  Just that I know how difficult it is to be married to a spouse who doesn't share your love and devotion to the Lord Jesus.  I, like many of my readers, get frustrated and disillusioned, but I know God has perfect timing and our best interests at heart overall.  He wants our spouses to come to a saving knowledge of Him and embrace a future together that brings glory to Him. 

How can our readers learn more about you and contact you directly?
 
  They can visit my website at www.Godmissionpossible.com or email me at deb@alabasterboxpublishing.com  They can also visit my Blog page at www.Godmissionpossible.blogspot.com.  My book is available on my website at www.Godmissionpossible.com or at www.Amazon.com , and several other online retailers.  I have my book available in (4) different forms:  as a trade paperback, audio book on CD, downloadable MP-3 format, and as an E-Book.



1 comment:

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

Hi Gina, I am here via Sheryl's 20 20, good to read some of your blogs, its really informative, and here in this interview you went ahead with a bit more questions. Keep it up, would like to read more or your blogs. if time permits pl do visit this link. http://kno.li/5i
Philip V Ariel

Get widget