Friday

Final Shot by Stephen Bly

This is the last of a very popular series by Stephen Bly. His sons and wife meticulously put this book together from Bly's final notes of the story. He passed away in 2011 and they thought the series needed an ending that was worthy of Bly's work.

I have not read any of Bly's books and I'm sorry that I missed them. I seriously do not have a clue where this book came from... it just showed up in my mail box. I get so many books because of my review blog that I have had to write down those that I actually order. I do not remember ordering this one.

Janet, Bly's wife is a famous author in her own right. The book is good, even if there were several that went before this one. I didn't feel left out at the beginning, and that is a huge thing. You can find out more about them here.

ABOUT THE BOOK
 
It’s 1905. Two orphans flee Oregon’s Tillamook Head. One of them is branded a hero. Will they tell the truth and risk the wrath of a dangerous man?
Meanwhile, legendary retired lawman Stuart Brannon — now a rancher and widower — had no intention of leaving his beloved Arizona Territory to attend the Lewis and Clark Centennial Exposition in Oregon, nor to participate in a celebrity golf tournament. His life no longer consisted of men to track down . . . people trying to kill him . . .gangs preying on the innocent. Then the telegram came: Stuart, I need you in Portland. Tim Wiseman is missing. I think there’s a cover-up going on . . . I’ll contact you there. T.R. How could he refuse a request from the President of the United States? Read More…

 _____________________


“…as good if not better than anything of (Louis L’Amour). I shall remain a fan of Stephen Bly.” - Jimmy Dickens  (the Grand Ole Opry)
“Bly does a lot of things right for lovers of the traditional western…(he) clearly knows the country he writes about…Luke Short and Frank Gruber come to mind.” -Library Journal
“In this fresh contribution to the CBA market, Bly…pens an amusing parody…(Paperback Writer) is a funny, enjoyable romp….” -Publishers Weekly

No comments:

Get widget