Friday

Review: Shadow Hand


Shadow Hand
Shadow Hand by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is the first one in the series that I read. While I did not feel lost at the beginning of it, I began to feel like something was missing as I kept reading. I didn't know why the things that happened, happened. Without motivations, it is difficult to have empathy for any character. There was no clear villain or hero.

Character development must happen in previous books.

I think the book is very well written, and I'll certainly look for more by this author. But you really need to start from the beginning of the series because this is not a stand alone book. Too much happens before it to comfortably start here.

I received this book from the publisher at NetGalley for an honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget