Wednesday

Review: Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty

Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty by Angela Elwell Hunt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I adore Angela Hunt's novels. The way she writes puts in right inside the life of her characters. Sometimes, I've even found myself praying for one of her characters...

But this book, not so much.

I guess in well-known Bible stories I have already built a "vision" of what went on so being faced with something different is a bit shocking.

However, the book is extremely well written. The characters come to life right out of Biblical pages. Hunt has done a superb job in research, and you can almost taste the dust raised by the feet of the people in this novel.

I do recommend it, especially for anyone who would like to better understand the society and times of David's day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget