Monday

Review: Crowded in the Middle of Nowhere

Crowded in the Middle of Nowhere Crowded in the Middle of Nowhere by Bo Brock
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I haven't enjoyed a book so much since I read James Herriot's series All Things Great and Small and the other 3 after that.

I think a person has to have a true sense of humor to be a vet. Bo definitely does. He started writing columns for the local newspaper and a vet magazine picked up one... people made so many great comments the magazine asked him to keep writing. This book is the culmination of several of those columns. I'm so glad he got the idea to publish them.

Great read. So funny and poignant. Not exactly like James Herriot, but pretty close.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

I am a huge fan of James Herriot's and have recommended his books to people for decades. Thanks for this review. Now I know a book I'll enjoy.

Refreshment in Refuge said...

Thanks, Linore! I do hope he keeps writing and publishing. It's almost worth getting that vet magazine... well, almost :)

Get widget