Monday

Review: Slender Reeds: Jochebed's Hope

Slender Reeds: Jochebed's Hope Slender Reeds: Jochebed's Hope by Texie Susan Gregory
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I am ever hopeful that a really good biblical fiction will burst forth from a Christian fiction writer... something like Ben Hur or The Robe. Maybe someday...

But not today.

The problem with most fiction that tries to be biblical is the lack of research on the author's part. Not only lack of research, but lack of biblical knowledge. I tried really hard to believe that what was unfolding in this story was possible and plausible. However, the author did not know that Joshua and Caleb were not the same age. Caleb was years older than him. Joshua's name was Hosea when he was in Egypt. Moses changed his name when he ordained him as his assistant to follow him in leading the people.

I have enough of the spiritual gift Teacher in me that once someone has veered off the plausible path in a book, it is hugely difficult for me to continue. Within just two pages the above wretched mistakes appeared. I gave up because it was such a story-stopper for me.

Received this from Netgalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget