Monday

Review: The Ladies of Ivy Cottage

The Ladies of Ivy Cottage The Ladies of Ivy Cottage by Julie Klassen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Here's a really nice Regency romance novel with a bit of romantic intrigue. The only trouble with it is that it's Book 2 and there are a lot of references to what happened in Book 1. Those references made me feel like an outsider, rather than in the story. I continually felt like I'd missed something until I finally realized it was a Book 2 rather than a stand alone or Book 1.

That said, the characters are quite likeable and developed quite well. Interesting storyline. A little different than any other Regency I've read. We've got n0t-a-book-worm inheriting all these books from her father. She opens a library that sells subscriptions so people can read the book. What a neat set up for this story.

If you haven't read the first in this series, I suggest you purchase it before you read this one. You'll enjoy this one much better. Also, if the first one is written as well as this one then you are in for treat. Well-written, good story, no plot contrivances (Yea!), and solid story telling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget