Tuesday

Review: The Finistu Connection

The Finistu Connection The Finistu Connection by Terry Higham
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Talk about a very unique sci-fi story! You've got a wonderful experience coming.

Terry Higham has crafted a lovely sci-fi romance, and has handled the problem of space travel in an extraordinary twist. It's worth reading just for that... but that's the cart before the horse so to speak.

We've got Jane, a detective in England who has a weird murder to solve. And we've got Ianu who is from the planet Finistu who committed the not-homicide (it's only a homicide if a human kills a human), so I guess this would be aliencide by self-defense.

There are quite a few UK colloquialisms that I, as an American, didn't understand. Those did not become a story-flow dam, though. I think because the story is so good, you just overlook things that get in the way. There were some typos and grammar errors, not story-flow dams either. However, some gave me "reader's pause" trying to figure out what was meant.

The romance is quite intriguing because it is between Ianu and Jane. I like the way Higham handles the burgeoning romance, the way each one considers the cost of such a romance. I also like the way the attraction between the two is handled that sets up truly great anticipation for a culmination of the romance. And then we have a delightful handling of that--would it be interspecies?--marriage.

Go get your copy! It's well worth your time and money to read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget