Wednesday

Review: Fringe Runner

Fringe Runner Fringe Runner by Rachel Aukes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I found this book as one of the few sci-fi novels that was good from start to finish. A lot of them have really poor writing, character development, and other problems. This one had none of that. Oh, a few typos, but nothing seriously wrong.

It's fast paced. It has an excellent storyline and a good beginning for the series. It is not a cliffhanger ending, but you get a sneak peek at the next books so you don't feel quite so deprived. This is going to be a great series and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books.

It does have foul language, but it isn't every other word, jam-packed with them. No taking the Lord's name in vain, which is a show stopper for me. I didn't get an allergic reaction to them.

It didn't take long to like the characters. That is rather a rare characteristic in novels today. I can't read a story where I don't like the main characters. I especially like the girl pilot in the wheelchair. Her attitude is heroic. I like that a lot. So often there are stories that have characters that don't have any flaws. How boring. This book is anything but boring!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget