Monday

Review: Whispers of the Wind / The Scent of Magnolia

Whispers of the Wind / The Scent of Magnolia Whispers of the Wind / The Scent of Magnolia by Frances Devine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Very enjoyable read. This is the first book by Frances Devine that I've read, and I'm glad I did. I'll let you read the other reviews for what the story is about. However, I must say that I can definitely tell that Frances did her homework. The research she did was in depth and articulated well without being teachy or lecture like. Very well done.

Characters are well developed, although I think the superintendent acted a bit out of character sometimes, but then we find out why later on, so the tweaks and quirks are forgiven when we find out.

Lily, one of the children, is well developed, but the others are such minor characters that it doesn't really matter that they aren't developed. But it feels like something is missing -- children -- when we're in a school and the children are weaving in and out of the story as children do naturally.

The plot is fairly good, too. The romance heavily uses anticipation which is quite delicious. I really liked reading this book. Highly recommend.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget