Wednesday

Review: King's Shadow: A Novel of King Herod's Court

King's Shadow: A Novel of King Herod's Court King's Shadow: A Novel of King Herod's Court by Angela Elwell Hunt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I adored Angela's book about Joseph in Egypt. This one I'm not too keen on. It switches points of view so often my head was spinning. I really hate that. However, Hunt is a good researcher and I plowed on.

There are a LOT of great reviews of this story so I won't tell you what it is about. Characterization was not up to Hunt's normal quality. It was often difficult to remember who was telling the story, and it is hard to flip back to the beginning of a chapter to see whose POV I was into. So I gave up. Keep that in mind when you see I gave it 3 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget