Saturday

Review: Drawing Fire

Drawing Fire Drawing Fire by Janice Cantore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Great story. A good page-turner.

The characters are very well-developed. I'm not a fan of keeping the reader in the dark while the characters know everything... but that seems to be a trend these days that I wish publishers would kick out of the habit.

I think the fact the author was a policeman herself lends a great deal of realism to the story. Another thing that is good is that Cantore doesn't keep rehashing the story line in the thoughts of the characters. Plus the two main characters carry the narrative rather than jumping in the heads of numerous characters, and the mystery stays a mystery to both the characters and the reader (which makes up for the muddy waters the reader has to wade through at the beginning of the story.)

Great read... I'll be recommending it to others

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget