Tuesday

Review: Mail-Order Marriage: 5 Historical Stories of Marriage Arranged by Letters Between Strangers

Mail-Order Marriage: 5 Historical Stories of Marriage Arranged by Letters Between Strangers Mail-Order Marriage: 5 Historical Stories of Marriage Arranged by Letters Between Strangers by Tracie Peterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Admittedly, I was disappointed in this collection. The story by DiAnn Mills was the only one that I read all the way through. Tracie Peterson, whom I generally always enjoy reading, fell a little flat. The other three authors need to work really hard on their research. I found so many modernisms mentioned that I gave up reading. When reading a period story, I expect dialogue, story elements, and characters to all reside in that period. The story flow grinds to an abrupt halt when a modernism pops out, and that is disturbing to readers, at least it is to me. My Mom enjoyed reading every word of every story, so I guess it doesn't effect every reader.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget