Monday

Review: Forgiving My Daughter's Killer: A True Story of Loss, Faith, and Unexpected Grace

Forgiving My Daughter's Killer: A True Story of Loss, Faith, and Unexpected Grace Forgiving My Daughter's Killer: A True Story of Loss, Faith, and Unexpected Grace by Kate Grosmaire
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am deeply touched that this mom was able to tell this story. What amazing courage it must have taken!

I was glad I ordered this book. It gave me a lot of insights into the emotional roller coaster people ride when facing this kind of tragedy. I can't imagine anything worse. I appreciate the candor and courage this story pours all over the reader.

The story is gripping, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I am not a fan of flashbacks and this book is nothing but flashbacks. First, we're here and then we're there, and it is so exhausting trying to keep up.

Note to editors: Please, please guide your authors to tell their stories with fewer plot ploys and more good story telling. There's no need to go back and forth with no transitions just jerking the reader from one place to the next. Transitions would have made this read a lot more bearable!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget