Tuesday

Review: The Essence of Malice

The Essence of Malice The Essence of Malice by Ashley Weaver
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a story that you definitely need to read the previous stories in order to get any kind of character development for the main characters. But the other characters are developed quite well to the point that there were lots of characters to choose from to pin the murder upon. Keeps you guessing pretty well to the end.

Also, I was lost when I found out that the marriage had been troubled. Also, why in the world would someone love another person that was so secretive???? Not healthy.

Setting that aside, the mystery is very slowly solved. Achingly slow. It irritated me no end that husband was so secretive toward wife. I lost interest long before the end, and the characters did not leave a lasting imprint in my mind.

Disclaimer: I would probably have totally enjoyed this story if I had read the previous novels. I adore period mysteries and the early 1930's is quite a wonderful era for a mystery!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget