Friday

Review: 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi

13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi by Mitchell Zuckoff
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A MUST READ

I heard part of the interview with these men on Fox News. It was so moving and telling, I had to get the book. Then I went to Amazon.com to purchase it and it was out of stock. Seeing the number of reviews on Goodreads I can understand why. What an amazing and hair raising true story. I am so humbled that men such as these are risking their necks for the safety of our country! Thank you!

(Be advised: There are some foul words used. If you are allergic to them, then try to filter them out. I'm thinking I'd probably use those words in the same situation.)

The account is moment by moment, hour by hour of what happened in Benghazi from the men who were there on the ground, inhaling the smoke, and dodging the incoming.

The author did an excellent job with providing the men's backgrounds, their character, and their life outlook. You get to see part of history as if you were right there in the midst of it all. Of course, no words could possible express the deep pain, agony, and lightening quick responses to the danger there. Also, you can understand how the actions of just a few impact a whole nation who may not agree with the ideology and methods of the few. It brings it home that these are real people.

I highly recommend this book and believe that every American should read it from cover to cover.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget