Monday

Review: A Defense of Honor

A Defense of Honor A Defense of Honor by Kristi Ann Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

An amazing story. Great premise, and a subject that I have not seen or read about in any novels -- that's up in the thousands of books read over my ummmhumm years of reading.

I'll skip over the story overview. Lot's of other reviews to read for that.

Hunter delivers a fast-paced romance that is not fluffy but has some strong pillars lifting it up from the rest of the pack. Romance, a little suspense, a little mystery all add up to good reading fare.

The only problem I had was that every in novel I've read with an English backdrop that has a character named Kit, the Kit was a man. I had to adjust my brain to that, then I was on a good ride.

I never did wonder what happened to the noblemen's byblows. In fact, some kings and noblemen recognized their boy-children, but what happened to the girls? I could tell the Hunter did some great research. She dealt well with the threads of faith and God's control in the lives of believers. I also like the fact that both character knew God, just didn't have the personal relationship very well developed.

The whole reading experience was very, very good. This is the book that backed up my reading queue because, frankly I savored it. Not very often does a well-written novel such as this come my way. I had to savor it.

Received this from Netgalley. No exchange agreements were arranged. This is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget