Monday

Review: Goodnight Wishes!

Goodnight Wishes! Goodnight Wishes! by Leea Baltes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a sweet story with beautiful illustrations. Leea did a wonderful job depicting this story. Plenty to look and and discuss.

Being a believer in Jesus and through whom all things were created, I hesitate to highly recommend this book because it trembles on top of the fence with wishes (hence the name of the story) and prayers of the mama mouse. The stars and moon do tell the mama that the blessings come from the one who created them, but most of the story is about wishing with all your heart, and blessings coming after wishing and doing as much as you can.

Without getting into deep theological reasoning here I can see how this book is perfect for those kinds of discussions that Christians want to have with their children even as young as three years old. It is sure to draw out questions as long as you make sure your child is getting the message you want her or him to hear.

This book can go either way... just a fun, sweet story with a wonderful happy ending, or a way to talk to your child about belief in God the Creator, prayers, and how blessings do come from prayers when faith is exercised.

I am going to read this to my granddaughter who loves Jesus with all her heart even at 3 years old. I am going to talk to her about the difference between wishes and prayers. I think it is a great discussion starter which is why I gave it 4 stars. If it had greater emphasis on God than on wishing on the moo, I would have given it 5 stars.

I really love the illustrations!

I received this from the author. No exchange agreement was made. This is my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Get widget